Many Ellsworth homeowners are investing in gutter protection systems to make home maintenance simpler and to prevent damage to their homes, so if you’re intrigued by the benefits of gutter guards, you should contact an experienced roofing contractor. Gutter guards are designed to keep debris out of your gutters, and they’re available in many materials, styles, and colors.
Benefits of Gutter Guards
- Save Money and Time Gutters without gutter guards become clogged with leaves and other debris, and you’ll have to either clean them yourself or hire a roofing contractor to clean them to maintain proper function. Gutter guards allow for easy and infrequent cleaning, reducing how much time and money you spend on your gutters.
- Raise Property Value Gutter guards are becoming more popular, and they may become standard features of every home in the future, but for now, they’re considered valuable assets to homes on the market. If you plan to sell your home, installing gutter guards is a good home improvement task to complete before moving out.
- Increase Safety Gutter guards improve safety by reducing risk. Because you don’t have to clean your gutters very often, the risk of losing balance on a ladder when cleaning your gutters is reduced. Another risk involved with cleaning gutters is electric shock from uncovered electrical wiring.
- Reduce Gutter Freezing Stagnant water in your gutters is produced by the collection of debris, and this still water can freeze during cold weather, contributing to the formation of ice dams. Gutter guards can decrease the severity of gutter freezing.
- Prevent Damage from Pests If left unprotected, gutters will become a refuge for pests, such as spiders, cockroaches, mosquitoes, rodents, bats, squirrels, and birds. Stagnant water in your gutters attracts these pests and provides the optimal environment for reproduction. Having a roofing contractor install gutter guards will prevent pests from entering your gutters and your home.
- Resist Rust and Corrosion The presence of moist leaves, pine needles, and other debris in your gutters accelerates rusting and corrosion, decreasing the longevity of your gutters.
- Improve Water Flow Because clogging in your gutters is reduced when you install gutter guards, the flow of water becomes unhindered throughout the gutter system, and overflowing is less likely to occur, preventing water damage to your home and foundation.
- Avoid Fire Damage If the houses in your neighborhood are close together or if there is a lot of vegetation surrounding your home, you must be mindful of the risk of fire. Many construction materials used in homes are resistant to fire, including gutter guards. Gutter guards prevent the accumulation of dry leaves and branches so that they don’t become ignited by falling embers. If you require additional protection, consider purchasing metal gutter guards that are rated for fire protection.
Whether you want to increase your Ellsworth home’s protection against fire, pests, and rust or increase your home’s resale value, hiring a reputable roofing contractor like Krumm Exteriors, Inc. to install gutter guards is an excellent decision.